Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Kraft Gold Spectrum 6

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 09:47 AM
pspring
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraft Gold Spectrum 6

I'm looking for information on the Kraft Gold Spectrum 6. I had no luck via Google. I have FM and RCM mags from the early 80's but can't find anything on this model. Doesn't seem to be any detailed Ad's either. I recenty acquired one and plan on using it since it's been narrow banded. I'm interested in review articles and maybe a manual. Schematic and any service info would be a big plus to make sure it's operating as designed. I have equipment to tune it up. Since it's legal I have no desire to update to 2.4. I like to keep vintage things working as a part of the hobby. : )

Also, how long is the transmitter antenna? Mine is broken and missing sections. Could maybe figure it out by the width and length of the base section... Was wondering if one of my other radios antenna was the same length.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Kraft Gold Spectrum 6

That radio used the same 48" antenna that Kraft used from 1970 until they were no more! Should be fairly easy to find an exact replacement as they still have to be out there in the thousands. I may even have a new one here if I look hard enough.

I also have full service schematics for that radio but they are hidden away in files that are in storage. I would be glad to keep your info and send copies along the next time I'm in those files.

I'm not sure the Gold Spectrum radio was ever well accepted due to its unusual, early Futaba / MRC like shape. I got along with it fine and owned several of them but still preferred the 7C series.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:05 PM
pspring
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:53 PM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is what I did with one:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10097051

It works great on 2.4 gHz. The picture Jeff posted in the thread is mine.

Pete
Old 04-19-2024, 11:24 AM
davehour

Default Service Manual Kraft Gold Spectrum 6

Hi,

I’m looking for the service manual of this system.

Thanks,
David
Old 04-19-2024, 03:36 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by davehour
Hi,

I’m looking for the service manual of this system.

Thanks,
David
PM responded to.