Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX18 programming for Para-RC

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 12:29 AM
g_boxwood

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DX18 programming for Para-RC

Hi guys,
has anyone programmed a Para-RC according to the instructions below?

Thank you very much!
Old 05-10-2024, 01:20 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

You use Elevon or Elevon-B.

Andy
Old 05-17-2024, 05:14 AM
g_boxwood

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Andy, this is what I did already but it does not match the intended way of working.

With the stick in the center position, the arm is fully up. The used travel is therefore from center (0%) to full down (-100%) and nothing should happen from center to to full up (+100%).
The upper portion of the physical stick travel is not used at all.

Thank you,
Old 05-17-2024, 06:14 AM
AndyKunz

Then just make the mixes by hand.

It will help a whole lot if you makea table showing the inputs you want on both channels, and the corresponding outputs you need generated.

Andy
Old 05-17-2024, 07:25 AM
AndyKunz

Then just make the mixes by hand.

It will help a whole lot if you makea table showing the inputs you want on both channels, and the corresponding outputs you need generated.

Andy
Old 05-18-2024, 04:58 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

g_boxwood,

You should be able to program your transmitter using the Elevon/Elevon-B aircraft type. While I don’t possess a Para-RC, I was able to program a DX8e using the Monitor screen getting the actions you required. I had to make some assumptions about the initial arm servos positions and movements that in all likelihood are not correct.

Setting the Aircraft Type is just the first step in the programming. All the programing that follows depends whether you use Elevon or Elevon-B Aircraft Type and how the Reverse switches for RAL and LAL are set. If you would post this information as well as the arms' position when the sticks are in neutral, I’ll plug it into my program and make the necessary changes.

When first set up and the transmitter’s elevator and aileron sticks are in neutral, using Elevon/Elevon-B type, I would expect that both arms of the Para-RC are extended forward. Would you determine which combination of Elevon/Elevon-B and servo reversing of the two elevon channels gives the proper action? There are a number of permutations and only one that is correct. What you are looking for is moving the aileron stick to right, the right arm moves down; when moved to the left, the left arm moves down; and when the elevator stick is pulled back, both arms move down. At this point in the programming, both arms moving with aileron deflection and the arms moving up when the elevator stick is pushed forward can be ignored.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; Yesterday at 12:05 PM.