Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 04:51 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

If anyone is interested I think I’m going to go a different route with my wing bags and I’m going sell my T1 mini wing and fuse bags.

$175 shipped please PM me if interested, they are perfect like new condition, they’ve never been out of the garage.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:05 PM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markusvt
I put my turbine on one side, and both my RX on the other with a small spot of Velcro, works perfect.
thanks for the info. Really tight fit.
hope my balance comes out at the 200 mm mark.when i checked the balance yesterday it looked like the ecu bat needed to be in the engine compartment. We will see how it turns out.
Stan
Old 10-15-2018, 05:40 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Wow my 3 battery’s end up on top of the nose gear.....with K85 no smoke but both tanks for fuel......
Old 10-15-2018, 06:54 PM
tucson

Originally Posted by Dansy
Wow my 3 battery’s end up on top of the nose gear.....with K85 no smoke but both tanks for fuel......
i am using the cg wizard pro to balance. I have used it on several planes before and they seemed to have worked. I have read in this thread where there was a large discrepancy in the balance point with some models.
most have complained about being very nose heavy so i feel for whatever reason this is true for my model also.
it would have been nice to just put all the batteries in the nose area like you did.
Stan
Old 10-15-2018, 07:35 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by tucson
i am using the cg wizard pro to balance. I have used it on several planes before and they seemed to have worked. I have read in this thread where there was a large discrepancy in the balance point with some models.
most have complained about being very nose heavy so i feel for whatever reason this is true for my model also.
it would have been nice to just put all the batteries in the nose area like you did.
Stan
I used the Xicoy on all mine, I'm just really amazed by the difference in weight distribution.....I'm at 200mm
Old 10-15-2018, 10:16 PM
camss69

Funny, I spent tonight debating which to buy, the Xicoy or the CG Wizard..
Old 10-16-2018, 03:13 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by camss69
I purchased the Xicoy when it was the only option, I have the Bluetooth option and surface control option. I like it I see no reason to change at this point it has been solid.

I’m pretty sure the Wizard is nice as well...
Old 10-16-2018, 05:53 AM
tucson

i purchased the wizard 9 months ago from aeropanda. It works well no complaints.it does what it supposed to do.
i bought it mainly for big jets that i have a hard time handling by myself. It has a provision to measure angles for control surfaces. I have never used it.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:41 AM
markusvt

Smoke adds a fair amount of weight forward of the CG, moving the batteries back works perfect.
Originally Posted by Dansy
Old 10-16-2018, 07:16 AM
tucson

Markusvt
I moved all 3 batteries back between the tank and fuse sides like you did. Now my cg is 193 mm.Very little left to move back, maybe my 1000 ma 2c lipo bat that is sitting above the nose wheel.
Do you know where your cg sits since you moved your batteries back?
Old 10-16-2018, 07:23 AM
markusvt

Under 200mm like you, (I think close to the 195mm). I will have to check again. K-85+Smoke

Last edited by markusvt; 10-16-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:56 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I've got my two Fromeco 2600 mah receiver batteries over the nose gear, 2100 mah LiFe turbine battery on top of the fuel tank, K85, no smoke, my CG is around 190mm (front side of the wing tube), using two different types of Xicoy (both give the same readings) and it flies perfect there for me. I originally had the CG at 200mm with all three batteries on top of the fuel tank and it was way too squirrelly for me there, so I moved the two Fromecos over the nose.
There have been a lot of discussions on this thread about CG, which I have followed closely, and I still cannot figure out these large inconsistencies in battery placement and CG. I finally gave up trying to figure it out. My recommendation is to just get it in the ballpark (error to the nose heavy side) for the first flight, then adjust from there. I don't recommend starting with a CG of 200mm or more, especially if this is your first turbine jet.

Tom
Old 10-16-2018, 08:02 AM
camss69

When you guys are talking about CG and device location, it would also help to know which turbine you’re using since weights are different.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:51 AM
tucson

Originally Posted by Tip22v
I've got my two Fromeco 2600 mah receiver batteries over the nose gear, 2100 mah LiFe turbine battery on top of the fuel tank, K85, no smoke, my CG is around 190mm (front side of the wing tube), using two different types of Xicoy (both give the same readings) and it flies perfect there for me. I originally had the CG at 200mm with all three batteries on top of the fuel tank and it was way too squirrelly for me there, so I moved the two Fromecos over the nose.
There have been a lot of discussions on this thread about CG, which I have followed closely, and I still cannot figure out these large inconsistencies in battery placement and CG. I finally gave up trying to figure it out. My recommendation is to just get it in the ballpark (error to the nose heavy side) for the first flight, then adjust from there. I don't recommend starting with a CG of 200mm or more, especially if this is your first turbine jet.

Tom
Tom,
Appreciate your numbers. Getting the cg to the 200 mark has become a quest for me, only because people on this thread have said that the plane fly's better when the cg is further aft. However because of the small size and using smoke it has become very interesting to reach the 200 mm balance point. actually I am enjoying trying to figure it out.
I have had quite a few jets over the years and usually don't spend as much time with the balance point.
Nice to know that you are happy flying at 190.
Stan
Old 10-18-2018, 09:29 AM
Tip22v

Stan,
Let us know your thoughts on how she flies at 200mm. I fly at a relatively small field so tight turns are the norm, when I flew mine at 200mm it was too easy to get into a high speed stall, fortunately none of the high speed stalls I encountered were fatal (I wish I could say that about a recent low speed stall). I do have to apply a little elevator to keep her level in inverted flight, but just a wee little. If I were flying at a larger field where I could extend my turns a little I'd probably move my CG further back too, in the end there a lot of variables in this equation. Weather looks great for this weekend so I'm hoping to get my T1 and my remaining T1 Mini out for some flying -Tom
Old 10-18-2018, 10:05 AM
tucson

Smile

Stan,
Let us know your thoughts on how she flies at 200mm. I fly at a relatively small field so tight turns are the norm, when I flew mine at 200mm it was too easy to get into a high speed stall, fortunately none of the high speed stalls I encountered were fatal (I wish I could say that about a recent low speed stall). I do have to apply a little elevator to keep her level in inverted flight, but just a wee little. If I were flying at a larger field where I could extend my turns a little I'd probably move my CG further back too, in the end there a lot of variables in this equation. Weather looks great for this weekend so I'm hoping to get my T1 and my remaining T1 Mini out for some flying -Tom
Hi Tom.
With my current setup, placing my 3 batteries where you have yours the best numbers I got was a touch over 190 mm. This is where I will fly it. If I am unhappy I will pull the remaining hairs out of my head
I will let you know as soon as I can fly it.
Right now I am fighting another problem where my left flap goes to full down buzzes and won't respond . It has happened twice now indiscriminately when it chooses. when I shut the power off the servo move about 1/2 the normal distance freely, like it hits a stop on either side.. when I turn it on it goes back to normal operation. really strange. I have some new servos coming from Dirk Savox 1250's.
Stan
Old 10-18-2018, 11:06 AM
T3chDad

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Stan,
I know I'm not Stan, but I thought I'd throw in my $0.02.
I have my CG at 200-205. You can look at post #592 above for my battery placement. I'm flying a K-85G2, 60oz tank, no smoke or smoke tank. UAT is on top of the main tank. I also have to give a wee little bit of up elevator in normal flight and roughly the same wee little inverted. I'm very happy with how she flies and I'm going to get the CG back to 210 to see what happens. I'm doing a lot of banking and yanking. Typically the last minute or so of the flight, I'll take her up and try to make her do bad things so I know what to expect when. I've had three tip stall type events, one on purpose and two in various aspects of real flight. In all cases it snaps more or less to level flight when applying too much elevator and bank at too low of power. Much of my flight is around half throttle with bursts both maximum and idle depending on my maneuvers. I currently have 38 flights on my Mini for 4:03:30 of flight. I don't know how small your field is. I've attached a map of our field...which I consider small for turbines. At 200-205, it's not too snappy for me in my environment. This is my first turbine, but tons of EDF jet experience as well as all other kinds of aircraft.

Hope this helps...

Speaking of "bursts" of throttle....good tailwind yesterday.

Last edited by T3chDad; 10-18-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:56 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by tucson
Hi Tom.
With my current setup, placing my 3 batteries where you have yours the best numbers I got was a touch over 190 mm. This is where I will fly it. If I am unhappy I will pull the remaining hairs out of my head
I will let you know as soon as I can fly it.
Right now I am fighting another problem where my left flap goes to full down buzzes and won't respond . It has happened twice now indiscriminately when it chooses. when I shut the power off the servo move about 1/2 the normal distance freely, like it hits a stop on either side.. when I turn it on it goes back to normal operation. really strange. I have some new servos coming from Dirk Savox 1250's.
Stan
Sorry to hear about that erratic flap, sounds like it could be the servo. Are you currently using the Savox 1250 on the flaps? I'm using Savox 1250 servos on elevator and ailerons, MKS H747 on flaps on my remaining mini. I have a additional mini on order (to replace the one I destroyed four weeks ago) and in that one I'm going to go all MKS HV747. Have not had any issues with the Savox or MKS servos. I'm running a Powerbox Mercury SRS in all three of my T1 jets (I read that Savox servos are a little power hungry, not sure if it's true or not). Let us know if replacing the servo fixes your problem, you definitely don't want an uncommanded flap deployment in flight
I think starting at 190ish is wise, this jet flies fine there, definitely no problem flaring on landing, you can always slowly move it aft if you want later, but it you are okay with it there why bother moving components around? My sense is that this jet has a fairly wide range of acceptable CG positions and I found the same to be true for it's bigger brother. -Tom
Old 10-18-2018, 02:40 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by T3chDad
I know I'm not Stan, but I thought I'd throw in my $0.02.
I have my CG at 200-205. You can look at post #592 above for my battery placement. I'm flying a K-85G2, 60oz tank, no smoke or smoke tank. UAT is on top of the main tank. I also have to give a wee little bit of up elevator in normal flight and roughly the same wee little inverted. I'm very happy with how she flies and I'm going to get the CG back to 210 to see what happens. I'm doing a lot of banking and yanking. Typically the last minute or so of the flight, I'll take her up and try to make her do bad things so I know what to expect when. I've had three tip stall type events, one on purpose and two in various aspects of real flight. In all cases it snaps more or less to level flight when applying too much elevator and bank at too low of power. Much of my flight is around half throttle with bursts both maximum and idle depending on my maneuvers. I currently have 38 flights on my Mini for 4:03:30 of flight. I don't know how small your field is. I've attached a map of our field...which I consider small for turbines. At 200-205, it's not too snappy for me in my environment. This is my first turbine, but tons of EDF jet experience as well as all other kinds of aircraft.

Hope this helps...

Speaking of "bursts" of throttle....good tailwind yesterday.

Wow, 195, that's some serious speed!
Our field boundaries are 1200x450', plus we have 35ft poles all over the place because our flying field doubles as the overflow parking for the Clark County Event Center. Because the field is so small I rarely fly over half throttle (usually only on T/O and verticals) and keep my speeds under 125mph, which is not a problem with these T1 jets, they seem to fly very nicely around 115-125mph.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:39 PM
camss69

Well, had a slight problem with my K70 during the bench run and had to send it in. Turns out it was beyond repair so now I’m going with the K85. I think this will work out better for CG anyway with the slightly heavier 85 and I won’t mind the extra power either. What are you setting your timers at with the 85?
Old 10-24-2018, 04:49 PM
Tip22v

Well, had a slight problem with my K70 during the bench run and had to send it in. Turns out it was beyond repair so now I’m going with the K85. I think this will work out better for CG anyway with the slightly heavier 85 and I won’t mind the extra power either. What are you setting your timers at with the 85?
sounds like it was not so “slight” if it was beyond repair. How many flights did you have on it? I’ve got a K70 in another Jet, is this some I should look for?
Old 10-24-2018, 05:37 PM
markusvt

At 6 minutes and it lands with LOTs of fuel left.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:44 PM
camss69

sounds like it was not so “slight” if it was beyond repair. How many flights did you have on it? I’ve got a K70 in another Jet, is this some I should look for?
Nahh, I wouldn’t worry about it, it was isolated to mine. 0 flights it was a problem from the moment it started for the most part.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:26 AM
Dansy

I run both tank with fuel over 10 minutes.....I normally do 8 minutes.

K85g2
Old 10-25-2018, 03:31 AM
T3chDad

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

7 minutes from take-off roll. Land with 1/3 tank (20oz). I'm getting about 15-17 flights from a 5gal can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.