Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

P51 - Top Flight Giant Big Beautiful Doll needs wing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

P51 - Top Flight Giant Big Beautiful Doll needs wing

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 06:30 PM
Fishead1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In addition to the above, I also have the ARF uncovered version from many years ago and the wings and fuse we very different. For this airplane, I am missing the cockpit interior and tailwheel retracts. These were lost in the same box. Will be scouring the internet for replacements or aftermarket unless someone has them laying around?
Old 05-23-2021, 07:31 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

There are some different outfits that build popular Airplanes

https://carolinacustomkits.com/shop/...-giant-corsair

These guys make a kit for $469

But there's this Composite P51 For areound $1,300 that would blow any of the 50cc size ARF's away -

https://gator-rc.com/top-p51

I might wait and get this one , a little more and you get the real deal - Composite tough wings and fuse. No crappy wing structure that falls apart on landing. Also this plane really does good with a DA85 or larger engine. My Top Flight has weight problems with a 61cc.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:56 PM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

From what I have seen, they break at the rear former behind the cockpit. I’ve looked at the Corsair, mustang, and spitfire threads. No perfect solution other than to build. I really like the toprc p-47 that’s coming out, but I’m not sure I’ll buy it. The meister is where I am leaning but I have no time with work and kids.

Thr top flite mustang wing served me well for 4 years with some not so great landings. It was strong with the mods, which, in my opinion, are absolutely mandatory for success. The wing WILL break without them. I’m hoping a kit built “arf” wing will come available and I will do what I can to make it happen. This is a great flying airplane.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:21 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

I guess it's just a matter of the plane being too heavy for the wing framing. One guy says he Fiberglass's the wing and has no trouble with breakage on landings. It's very strong. Also if done properly the fiberglass will weigh close to the Monocote. If this wing starts to break I'm going to try that I'm good at fiber glassing stuff. If that fails I'll get that Top RC kit!!