Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Getting closer for this new RC tank

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Getting closer for this new RC tank

Old 07-06-2016, 05:26 AM
tch2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Getting closer for this new RC tank

This is the final product. Not available in states yet. But I think overseas it's out. Looks like a beauty!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	224
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	2171515   Click image for larger version

Views:	144
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	2171516   Click image for larger version

Views:	132
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	2171517   Click image for larger version

Views:	141
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	2171518  
Old 07-06-2016, 05:53 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're interested, email Banzai Hobby.

I looked at their website but it's not listed yet, maybe an email will get you more info or on a list, etc.

The exchange rate is going up since Brexit because the USD is more valuable, they're up about $20-30 since the last time I checked for the Lang.

The sooner the better if you're serious. Remember, not only is it generally less expensive even with shipping (which is 2-3 days), but you get the Futaba Attack Tx/Rx and a battery.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:18 AM
tch2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ausf
If you're interested, email Banzai Hobby.

I looked at their website but it's not listed yet, maybe an email will get you more info or on a list, etc.

The exchange rate is going up since Brexit because the USD is more valuable, they're up about $20-30 since the last time I checked for the Lang.

The sooner the better if you're serious. Remember, not only is it generally less expensive even with shipping (which is 2-3 days), but you get the Futaba Attack Tx/Rx and a battery.
I pre ordered with Aberdeen n Natasha.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:43 AM
Tanker 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the photo's. Now, do I buy the Lang or the Jagdpanther?
Old 07-06-2016, 08:56 AM
BludoTheSmelly

I preordered the lang and excited to get it!
Old 07-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by BludoTheSmelly
I preordered the lang and excited to get it!
So if you don't mind, Shannon, how much was the total to get it delivered to your door? This could very well be my first Tamiya kit.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:04 AM
BludoTheSmelly

Well it's not in the states but should be here next month. I ordered it from AAFTank museum with a 100 deposit down, i believe its going to be 785 including my deposit. Lot cheaper than getting them on tamiya website and other places.

Last edited by BludoTheSmelly; 07-19-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:18 AM
ausf

The deal was $100 to reserve without the final price (at least what they sent me).

They never tell you what the shipping is and usually estimate on the high side, but charge actual UPS or pretty close to it. I've been put off in the past by that method, because I balk at high shipping, but when it does go, it's reasonable.

Banzai gives you sticker shock with their $90 shipping, but again, it's EMS air and I've had it in my hands in 2 days. When prices are close, I go with AAF to support local, etc., but it usually takes over a week with UPS ground (and I'm just 8 hrs up 95).

I chose to use AAF for the Panther G and Pz IV over using Banzai because I have a bunch of Attack Txs on hand. But it the end, I use my older Attacks for subs because they're AM, so I would have been better off ordering overseas, I would have 2 2.4 Attacks and saved a few bucks.

I'm just putting that out there for you Gary, AAF is the only good option for Tamiya and parts in the US, but if it's the difference between you getting a Tamiya or not, a cheaper price and the best tank Tx available is a deal sweetener.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you live in the US, make sure you know the facts about how Tamiya deals with "grey market" products (i.e., products bought from an overseas vendor, and shipped to the US)...

"Should You Buy Grey Market?

When thinking of purchasing Gray Market items, one consideration should be; how likely is it to need repair or warranty. Tamiya America, Inc. will only warranty items that are sold through proper distribution channels within the United States. If you own a gray market product it will need to be returned to the reseller or importer for service. You should refer to the reseller for more information." From Tamiya USA's website...

Likley it is a better choice to purchase from a domestic dealer.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:05 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

What you should also think of is by spending a few buck more at a dealer (AAF) then the profit they make from the sale goes to supporting not only the hobby but also a great museum. If we all purchased from overseas people to save a few bucks every time we will lose local support all together.
The AAF Museum needs a new roof. Consider the few extra bucks a donation towards it. We donated a tank on the last family fun day to help support them, anything helps.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:07 AM
BludoTheSmelly

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
What you should also think of is by spending a few buck more at a dealer (AAF) then the profit they make from the sale goes to supporting not only the hobby but also a great museum. If we all purchased from overseas people to save a few bucks every time we will lose local support all together.
The AAF Museum needs a new roof. Consider the few extra bucks a donation towards it. We donated a tank on the last family fun day to help support them, anything helps.

Erik is correct
Old 07-07-2016, 05:26 AM
ausf

I hear ya Erik, and did on my last two, the G and the IV, even though they were more expensive. I buy all my parts from them over Jason, regardless or the cost.

With the JS-2, the price difference was nearly $300 (the original AAF price was over $1000 plus shipping) and unfortunately that's more than I can afford to ease my conscience.

As far as grey market, I've never been asked by Tamiya for proof of purchase. If I send a MFU from my Tiger, they can't know whether I bought it as a FO kit or a stand alone part from Jason, AAF or Banzai.

They won't honor stuff sent to them from outside the US.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Jeff489

As far as grey market, I've never been asked by Tamiya for proof of purchase.
This might have been true in the past, but one of our tankers from the San Diego club was asked to produce a domestic proof of purchase for an item he sent in to Tamiya USA before they would consider the item for repair or replacement. This policy seems bolstered by the fact that Tamiya's grey market web page is a fairly recent edition to their website.

Times are changing it seems...
Old 07-07-2016, 10:06 AM
ausf

Gotcha.

Luckily, Banzai sent a member here a new unit for a defect, not that I would expect that all the time.

I'm pretty sure the Tamiya policy isn't official anyway, I've always considered it more of a courtesy since RC products are subject to a certain amount of abuse.

I know Horizon Hobbies official warranty on planes, etc is it'll work when you get it home, but they have sent me so much stuff, no questions asked, even if I didn't ask for it. If I called tech support because a servo hung up, they would talk me through the reason (grit from the ball field landings I was doing) and then send me a new one free. They even replaced my son's planes and parts after crashes.

Big companies that can afford it should do that, it goes along way towards peoples loyalty. I still look to Horizon for stuff first based on my past experiences.

Tamiya charges enough for their products, they shouldn't care where you bought it. I've always had a love/hate relationship with them and every time I open a Full Option box and stare at the Tx shaped void or read the manual that includes the Radio setup that I didn't get because I'm in the US, I cringe.

Lucky for them, they make a good product. As a static modeler, it took me a long time to justify the $550 I dropped on the original Tiger I. It's funny that now I'm used to it and consider $800 fair. My first car was $200 (a '69 Impala SS with a 396 and 411 gears, stock) and I drove that longer and harder than all my Tamiyas combined.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Jeff489

It's funny that now I'm used to it and consider $800 fair.
LOL, I'm with you there. I used to have sticker shock too when it came to a $600 tank. Regardless of whether I could afford it, I couldn't justify spending that much for a hobby.

As the years pass, I seem go down Alice's proverbial 'rabbit hole' a little further each year. I do feel a bit better when I compare expenses with my giant scale airplane buddy. He's got it much worse.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:35 PM
BludoTheSmelly

As long as you're having fun, who cares, that's my motto.

Originally Posted by Jeff489
LOL, I'm with you there. I used to have sticker shock too when it came to a $600 tank. Regardless of whether I could afford it, I couldn't justify spending that much for a hobby.

As the years pass, I seem go down Alice's proverbial 'rabbit hole' a little further each year. I do feel a bit better when I compare expenses with my giant scale airplane buddy. He's got it much worse.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I know Horizon Hobbies official warranty on planes, etc is it'll work when you get it home, but they have sent me so much stuff, no questions asked, even if I didn't ask for it. If I called tech support because a servo hung up, they would talk me through the reason (grit from the ball field landings I was doing) and then send me a new one free. They even replaced my son's planes and parts after crashes.

Big companies that can afford it should do that, it goes along way towards peoples loyalty. I still look to Horizon for stuff first based on my past experiences.
I recently bought a Temper crawler from Horizon Hobbies and it got taken apart to make a scout car. Then the esc went bonkers. I called them up and even with them knowing what I had done to the crawler they sent a brand new esc/rx, no charge. They want to see photos of the scout car when it's done.

On the other side of the coin, a friend just spent a lot of dough for an unpainted RTR M36 from Mato and was told that removing the tracks, or in any other way disassembling the tank to paint it, would void the warranty.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:24 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

I buy all my parts from them over Jason, regardless or the cost.
Is this the famous jason store that everybody talks about? http://jasons-store.highwire.com/pro...ts?pagesize=12

It always looks almost empty,..
Old 07-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Jeff489

It always looks almost empty,..
You've got to use the search function. He's got just a token amount of parts on his homepage. Try a search for "tiger"... You'll get many more parts. Same is true for other Tamiya models.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:05 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

What Jeff489 said, especially if you have the exact part number you are looking for you will get more hits. I am doing a Panther A from Chris Ludwig and I got the early exhaust that come in the Jagdpanther kit and a Panther turret from Jason took about 7 day to get to me here in Tennessee.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:37 PM
ausf

Is Jason on the up and up again?

My last few orders ended nastily without goods and a forced refund and it seemed like a bunch of people were having issues for a while.

(Not that it matters, I'm twice shy at this point)
Old 07-08-2016, 02:38 PM
Tanker 10

You've got to use the search function. He's got just a token amount of parts on his homepage. Try a search for "tiger"... You'll get many more parts. Same is true for other Tamiya models.
Yep, I usually go to Tamiya USA, get the part number I need, and then onto Jason's store.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:00 PM
Tanker 10

Is Jason on the up and up again?

My last few orders ended nastily without goods and a forced refund and it seemed like a bunch of people were having issues for a while.

(Not that it matters, I'm twice shy at this point)
I have placed two orders with him this month, the 2nd one arrived yesterday. No problems with him. I'm guessing, but I think I've placed about 6 orders with him and have never had a problem.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:33 PM
ausf

Originally Posted by Tanker 10
I have placed two orders with him this month, the 2nd one arrived yesterday. No problems with him. I'm guessing, but I think I've placed about 6 orders with him and have never had a problem.
There was a short time there after he opended his website and left eBay that was pretty bad across the board and not just me. I always got everything in a timely fashion, from small orders to MFUs, then all of sudden, a wall and a lot of 45 day no shows.

Glad to hear he's back, he was a good vendor. The AAF has a good selection too, often not on the website, even beating Jason's prices in some cases.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

My godness, thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.