Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

lost with choice?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 09:06 AM
Wizzer355

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost with choice?

so I know you guys have probably had a thousand threads asking for help on which car/buggy/monster truck to buy, well here is sort of another as I am total confused atm.

Basically price is no limit but cheaper is better. I want a electric brushless car thats tough, I work in a quarry and have loads of nice space to really have some fun and build myself a nice track if needed.
I have read and re read so many different reviews on traxxas, losi, axial, hpi you name it, I have read it and I am still confused. As no one really stands out above all others. I am not to keen on the slash/baja look more for the stampede monster truck look. But I also like the yeti. so any help advice or even "wizz! just buy a tank" will be greatly appreciated .

my driving style is full throttle and see what happens. I am open to any suggestions and actually have spent nearly a month researching different cars but still cant make my mind up. I was leaning towards traxxas but hate supporting the big guys and like to risk/support the underdogs, If you knew which football team I support you would understand.

thanks you all in advance for any help

WIZZER
Old 07-21-2016, 10:13 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get an 8th scale truggy for what you want

Other option is a HPI Savage flux, but it is not very good on a track as it behaves like a cinderblock on wheels when turning, but offroad in a quarry it should take whatever you throw at it, and keep running.

also do not buy the HPI trophy truggy as that is a turd on wheels(that is based on plenty of people's testimonies that I've talked to who owned it, and all had similar complaints). For the cost in parts to make it decent you could just buy a high end truggy(serious most people I talked to had to jury rig $100-$150 in parts from other brands to it).
Old 07-21-2016, 01:29 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

If you got the space...definitely 1/8 scale is the way to go. Monster truggy, truggy, or buggy. The Yeti is great, but possibly you'll be running after it more times than not to upright it during wide open space bash sessions.

I wish I had got a 1/8 scale buggy a long time ago. Probably the toughest RC I have ever owned. The truggies I had were unfortunately great as well. I just happened to pick the one brand that had one little part of the drive-train that kept on breaking, and made the whole thing a money pit .

Kit or RTR...lots of great 1/8 scale choices out there. I'm not gonna start to point finger at brands, but if just starting out I'd look at Tower Hobbies and Horizon Hobby for offerings.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:31 PM
born2build

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out A-Main Hobbies. They are the gold standard for all things R/C car. I, myself am a big Associated fan. 1/10 or !/8, glow or electric, they are one of the very best! Parts are sold everywhere, and upgrades abound! A word of caution, though. These guys (Associated) are dead serious racers! They race all over the world and expect to win wherever they go. Their products are the result of intense research and development and they are world class. Not exactly underdogs.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:35 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi wizzer , i think you should get a 1/8 scale buggy or truggy the top brands kyosho mp9e tki3 or tki4
mugen mbx7e (racer ) MBX7et (truggy ) tekno nb48 .3 e losi 3.0 e or 4.0 team associated rc8.2e these are the toughest and best rc buggies and truggies to bash and race . electric you will need good batteries , a good battery charger, and electric motor 2000 kv plus , i would go with kyosho mp9e tki3 buggy or truggy or mugen mbx7e buggy or truggy or the same for nitro.fuel too , ok p.m. me if need more info . also see youtube videos on line , on the buggy and truggy models being bashed and raced, that will help with your decision . ok mugey
Old 07-22-2016, 10:26 PM
Wizzer355

Thx guys for all the advice im leaning towards a associate rc8.2e or the mugen mbx7e. Just hard to get parts in Germany for the associate.

I was wondering about what would be the better tyres to buy to run on mainly gravel surface as the standard ones seem like they would rip up fast?
Old 07-23-2016, 04:15 AM
mugeyman

hi wizzer , there are all types of off road tires for thick loose gravel something like a big spike tire ,
example proline (badlands ) tires super glued on the rims their are also other manufacture aka tires
sp tires , are also good for thick grass too for hard clay surfaces a mini pin type or smaller spike type of tire. , go for the mugen mbx7eco buggy or truggy the truggy is easier to drive than a buggy do to the wider tracking of the vehicle. you can find some type of tyres and wheels on ebay too new
for 1/8 scale buggy and truggy yes go for the mugen mbx7eco ok mugey
Old 07-23-2016, 07:15 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Associated and Mugen and Kyosho are high-end race rigs. Do you need/want a race rig just for full-throttle mayhem?
Where do you want to buy spare parts? Local store, or online? You are in Germany? You might want to find an online supplier that is local at least to Europe. Shipping from overseas takes a long time.
Have you looked at the Arrma Kraton, or Talion? Arrma also has the new Nero monster truck with shift-on-the-fly locking diffs. That might be right up your alley.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:55 AM
mugeyman

hi wizzer , the price of most of the rc toys are going to be $500.00 and above including all the top racing stuff its the design and engineering with makes these the top stuff to get. it holds up the best
alot of other manufactures are just competing for your dollars or euros and are not 7 and 8 time world
champion these models are very popular in europe to bash and to race ok mugey
Old 07-29-2016, 06:22 PM
finewayne

I go with 8th scale truggy