Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hi I am new here and to RC Planes

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hi I am new here and to RC Planes

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:30 PM
carl hammond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi I am new here and to RC Planes

Hi all I am new to both the site and RC planes but was looking for some help/assistance and advice.

I was today given a 1/3 scale ME109 which was not built to fly but could with the right work completed on it. I also have all parts apart from the fuesalage, engine and radio get for a super air and was wondering if anyone could help me with advice or guidance about getting started.

The Messerschmitt is a long project but if need help in order to get it air worthy where as I was going to try getting the super air parts needed and airworthy asap.

Is there anyone here able to help or offer advice and their knowledge as I have literally 0 knowledge and past in RC planes or similar.

Thanks

Carl (ps pics of both as they stand are available) and the ME109 weighs nothing as is made of very light bolsoreood.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:34 PM
dryverman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Carl, find a club in your area. They should be more than willing to help you get started. Welcome to the site and the hobby!
Old 07-23-2016, 02:19 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 08-15-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:43 PM
carl hammond

Thanks guys,

This is the ME109, in need of a lot of work to get it fly able as he built it as a 1/3 scale model initially but it's doable with the right advice and help.

This is what I have of the super air (wings front and rear, tail, wheels etc but no body

Worth getting this ready as a second or third after some foam ones?
Old 07-23-2016, 07:48 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 08-15-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:33 PM
STUKA BARRY

A 1/3 Scale ME-109 will have a w/s of 11ft. that plane looks rather small, but anyway, you really need several years of trainer and heavy intermediate flying before even attempting a warbird of that magnitude. As mentioned above, this plane is a handful especially on the ground. This plane will have the life expectancy of 30 seconds if not in the hands of a seasoned warbird pilot, these are the facts.