Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

New ECU

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 05:18 AM
flyrchelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ECU

Just wondering what the status of the new ECU is.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2016, 06:15 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by flyrchelis
Just wondering what the status of the new ECU is.

Thanks
Its shipped with all new engines and many are using it as we speak.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:48 PM
flyrchelis

I don't see it available on the Kingtech web site yet.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:03 AM
gunradd

I don't see it available on the Kingtech web site yet.
website has not been updated yet. All new engines get the new ECU.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:03 AM
flyrchelis

Will it be for sale on the website by itself with cables?
Old 09-13-2016, 07:49 AM
gunradd

Will it be for sale on the website by itself with cables?
No its only with new engines.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:53 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are the steps in setting up the auto restart on the new ECU?

Thanks

TB
Old 09-20-2016, 04:45 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1) Press and hold anywhere on the dashboard to get to the desktop
2) Press the Turbine icon
3) Press #3 for Restart
4) Use #1 or 2 button to select the three modes, Restart OFF, Restart ON and Glider
Old 09-20-2016, 05:03 PM
TonyBuilder

Thanks Barry.

TB
Old 09-20-2016, 06:25 PM
marquisvns

Anytime Tony!
Old 09-20-2016, 08:23 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Barry,

The various engine settings quoted in the manual coming with all the new engines (ecu and gsu and pump) - are these settings only for the new engines or can we also use them with our Xicoy esu's?

What telemetry can we use with the new ecu's, or will the Xicoy adapters still work?

See you at BITW.

JanR
Old 09-20-2016, 09:21 PM
marquisvns

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
Barry,

The various engine settings quoted in the manual coming with all the new engines (ecu and gsu and pump) - are these settings only for the new engines or can we also use them with our Xicoy esu's?

What telemetry can we use with the new ecu's, or will the Xicoy adapters still work?

See you at BITW.

JanR
Hi Jan, Yes you pretty much can, we haven't really updated our manual for the new ECU yet. We are still working on the telemetry module for the new ECU.

See you soon!
Barry
Old 09-25-2016, 05:22 AM
TonyBuilder

Question for ECU in general but more spicificly the new ECU. If I connect the ECU battery to the ECU it will not turn on until I power up the receiver...right? And if so is it ok to leave the battery connected and can I charge the battery while it is connected but not on?

Thanks.

TB
Old 09-25-2016, 08:37 AM
mauryr

Originally Posted by TonyBuilder
Question for ECU in general but more spicificly the new ECU. If I connect the ECU battery to the ECU it will not turn on until I power up the receiver...right? And if so is it ok to leave the battery connected and can I charge the battery while it is connected but not on?

Thanks.

TB
Regardless of the specific problems you may cause the ecu by doing so, generally speaking never leave a battery connected and, if lithium, never charge inside the model. May sound overcautious, but it really isnt.
Had a friend scorch a model just last month for being lazy and doing this.
He could have burned down his house if the battery was hard to remove and maybe the plane contained some residual fuel...
Personally, my advice is: do yourself a favor and ignore your own question
Old 09-25-2016, 10:46 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by TonyBuilder

Thanks.

TB
Tony the ecu does use a tiny bit of power plugged in. I would not charge it plugged in. You can leave it plugged in for a day of flying but I would disconnect after use.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:19 PM
TonyBuilder

Originally Posted by gunradd
Tony the ecu does use a tiny bit of power plugged in. I would not charge it plugged in. You can leave it plugged in for a day of flying but I would disconnect after use.

Thats ts what I was wanting to know, if I could leave it plugged in during the flying day and unplug it for storage.

Thanks

TB
Old 10-30-2016, 06:54 PM
txshan130
My Feedback: (114)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Barry -

Is the telemetry module/adapter about ready for the new ECU? Thinking of Jeti compatability :-)

Thx,
Brian
Old 11-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Scott Todd

I too am very interested in the telemetry adapter (Spektrum). I'm also interested in the software to download the data.

I know they are working on the manual but the data software and telemetry adapters are probably missed more (hint)

My K-45 runs perfect and the GSU is very cool
Old 11-13-2016, 01:48 PM
RONW

Can anyone tell me where the battery used information is stored and if and how it can be reset after a battery charge, talking about the new ECU here?
I am told it is in the 'info' menu but I cannot find it there.
This is a handy tool and I hope that it has been incorporated into the new ECU like it was in the Xicoy ECU.

Ron
Old 11-25-2016, 02:31 PM
Desert Fox 1

Received 175 Likes on 139 Posts

Hello,
Now that the Manual is out for the G2 series engines I thought there would be some information on the Telemetry capabilities of the new ECU? Any target date on the advance features of the G2 series ECU?

http://www.kingtechturbines.com/doc/Manual_G2.pdf

Cheers!
Desert Fox 1
Old 12-15-2016, 12:10 PM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just curious, but If have a K-210G now, is it possible to upgrade to the new ECU or only for G2's?
Old 12-15-2016, 02:23 PM
gunradd

Originally Posted by rbgetz
Just curious, but If have a K-210G now, is it possible to upgrade to the new ECU or only for G2's?

Is it possible.... Well yes but its not an option at this time not to mention its really not cost effective. You would be better off selling yours and buying a new one.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:58 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

i'm considering a new 120G2 for my 1/6.75 extreme jets f-16 and i have two questions. first i was rifling through you tube looking at some kingtech videos when i ran across a guy starting a turbine when the video showed his futaba transmitter briefly. it showed a full screen of turbine read out of the turbine parameters . anyone know anything about that? i have a 28x and i'd like to be able to watch the turbine parameters while starting up etc. also.... has there been ANY issues with the new ECU ? thanks,WB_1
Old 01-13-2017, 04:04 AM
gunradd

Hello Ron.

On the older Xicoy ECU you could use full turbine telemetry. With the new Kingtech ECU the telemetry is not finished yet but its in the works for jeti JR and spektrum. Futaba will not have it at this time.

The new ECU/fuel pumps have been fantastic so far. I have done 2 installs at the flying field with them so far and both flew flawless. I would say probably the biggest problem has been people connecting the wire harness wrong lol. The plugs are labeled now so that problem should be gone.

Originally Posted by warbird_1
i'm considering a new 120G2 for my 1/6.75 extreme jets f-16 and i have two questions. first i was rifling through you tube looking at some kingtech videos when i ran across a guy starting a turbine when the video showed his futaba transmitter briefly. it showed a full screen of turbine read out of the turbine parameters . anyone know anything about that? i have a 28x and i'd like to be able to watch the turbine parameters while starting up etc. also.... has there been ANY issues with the new ECU ? thanks,WB_1

Last edited by gunradd; 01-13-2017 at 04:52 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:33 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Originally Posted by gunradd
Hello Dave.

On the older Xicoy ECU you could use full turbine telemetry. With the new Kingtech ECU the telemetry is not finished yet but its in the works for jeti JR and spektrum. Futaba will not have it at this time.

The new ECU/fuel pumps have been fantastic so far. I have done 2 installs at the flying field with them so far and both flew flawless. I would say probably the biggest problem has been people connecting the wire harness wrong lol. The plugs are labeled now so that problem should be gone.
thanks gun... can you tell me what i need and how do i use it with jr . more specifically with the 28x ? thanks again,WB_1 p.s. i'm refering to the older ECU "Xicoy" lol and it's ron ,not dave :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.