Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

What to do with this??

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

What to do with this??

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Patrick F
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with this??

Hi all, I received this boat from a friend of mine before he past on, I do not know much about it, so any info would be appreciated, I am probably going to put it up for sale.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:39 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Oops. Looks like your easiest choice is to disconnect the driveshaft
Old 07-05-2019, 06:57 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I see you posted this in another forum, a smart move in my opinion. As you were told, the twin is an older and somewhat outdated design but, considering it's powered by twin Picco 90s, I'd be willing to bet someone would want to buy it from you. One thing to be aware of is that the Picco 90 is not produced anymore so getting parts for them will be difficult at best.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:40 AM
Patrick F

Thanks for the info HydroJunkie
Old 07-15-2019, 04:57 PM
Pond Skipper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is what was said at RCG:

If you are selling it lets say on ebay I would consider 280 starting bid see where the chips land. Those are special made inboard Picco 90's worth some big bucks new.
Older design but still a power house today. If you don't have any money into this and have no desire to use it then get rid of it soon as you can it is running season right now.
Note most folks don't want to deal with twins you won't get as many bids. If you broke it all down it is worth 600 but no one is going to pay that kind of money for the unknown's.
To me it's all about the engines and their condition at this point. I would oil them up let them sit for 3 days and see if they turn over smoothly big selling point.

Most folks will strip it down and clean it up with a new paint scheme. The engines where left dry with no plugs in them lets hope after run oil was used needs some now all the same
stand it up nose high let the oil soak into the bearings. Make sure you mention the condition of the engines or the sale won't go far. The left engine was removed for some reason need
to investigate it's condition. Folks will be taking a good look at it. If all is good will take new radio gear and some hours to prep it for water. The engines will have to be stripped down
and cleaned / checked. Can not run it up if there is rust in there will ruin the piston / sleeve fit.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:16 PM
Patrick F

Hi Pond Skipper, Thanks for the heads up, I got this boat from a friend of mine who just passed away, I am not into boats I fly RC planes, If I can not sell the boat as is then I will part it out, I will go over the engines with a fine tooth comb and make sure they are in ship shape(don't mind the pun). and will see were it goes from their.

Thanks again Pat
Old 07-17-2019, 11:16 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This twin hydro is a "blast from the past" myself and Larry Hutches ( now deceased) used to run this style of twin & single hydro back in the early
to late 90's with Picco 90's. The hull looks very similar to a hydro style that was produced by a guy from the New Orleans, LA. area or possibly a
Roadrunner hull which was very popular back in that time period, can't remember who was manufacturing them back when we were running them
but they are still being built today in the latest competition designs. As Hydro Junkie stated above Picco 90 engines are no longer made and parts
are very hard to come by. These engines are a powerhouse when they are tuned right, but can also "grenade" in a second if they go off tune or ingest
any water. Larry & I sold all of our Picco and OPS 90 spares to some guy up in Canada that had come down to run at the 2006 Atlanta Hydro Invitational,
he bought all of our 67 & 90 Roadrunner twin riggers and engines and spare parts.

You would probably have a better chance of stirring up some interest and finding out more about this boat if you were to visit www.intlwaters.com, it is
a web site that is up to date in the world of model boat racing. Good luck with your quest to sell this master piece!!!!!!!!!!

Bill D.

Last edited by Bill Diedrich; 07-17-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:52 AM
Eazy1970

Still a sick looking boat