Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Rebel Hot by Comp Arf

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Rebel Hot by Comp Arf

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 09:54 AM
LewisE1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And what have you found a good set up position is ?
Old 05-24-2020, 01:54 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by LewisE1
And what have you found a good set up position is ?
I land with a half tank almost every time and my plane flies a tad noseheavy the whole flight. So I thought about balancing at the back of the tube with 1/4 tank of fuel.
But just start at around the back of the tube on an empty tank and go from there. It's a safe starting point.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:21 PM
chevronflyer
My Feedback: (9)

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Has anyone considered or installed the fuel tank closer to CG center so that there is no or minimal CG shift? I havent unboxed mine yet as i am overseas for work.. Just wondering if its even possible.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:57 AM
bodywerks

You'd only be able to move it back an inch or so and you'd have to use a different tank than what's included. The stock tank is a good bit oversized. Bob shortened his and has some pics in this thread. I fly 6 minutes and usually still have a half tank of fuel left, with an 85n turbine.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:13 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those that have the x45 in this jet, how would you honestly rate the overall performance? Im looking to go small for transport and storage.
what would you slestimestimate top speed straight and level? 135 to 140mph?
flight time?
does this airframe have any bad habbits?

Thanks
Old 05-25-2020, 06:27 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by noahb
For those that have the x45 in this jet, how would you honestly rate the overall performance? Im looking to go small for transport and storage.
what would you slestimestimate top speed straight and level? 135 to 140mph?
flight time?
does this airframe have any bad habbits?

Thanks
This model has zero bad habits.
flight time is 7-8 Minutes on my tank setup with a good reserve.
im guessing it pushes 140 with great vertical
lands slow with short rollouts

Last edited by Bob_B; 05-26-2020 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:46 PM
chevronflyer

Having a hard time finding any sufficient quantity of servos that will fit this bird. Probably due to Covid I'm guessing.
I finally went with the Torq CL1208. they are HV and also come with a nice metal arm. I am using the smaller torq micro servos in my harlock viper with great success. I never realized they made a mini as well . go figure.

measures 35.5 mm by 15 mm by 32.5 mm high. That should fit even if i do have to take a little material away from the servo tray.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:49 AM
bodywerks

Should work. But I'd find out the spline count and get glass reinforced nylon arms. I wouldn't bother with aluminum arms and ball links for such a small jet.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:25 PM
LewisE1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So had some flights on mine the last couple of weekends, what a fantastic little jet, flies rock solid, fast or slow, feels like a much bigger jet, running line with a kingtech 70 and that a perfect combination, lands great to, can’t say anything negative brilliant fun.
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (05-30-2020)
Old 06-04-2020, 02:30 PM
T_CAT

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Is there specific recommended representatives to contact in the US to inquire about the Rebel Pro with PNP package regarding the total wait time, the shipping costs, etc.?

Alternatively, would it make any difference just going to the CARF website and ordering it?
Old 06-04-2020, 02:37 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by T_CAT
Is there specific recommended representatives to contact in the US to inquire about the Rebel Pro with PNP package regarding the total wait time, the shipping costs, etc.?

Alternatively, would it make any difference just going to the CARF website and ordering it?
https://carf-models.com/en/pages/reps

USA / Canada:

Mike McConville

+1 (217) 840-2535

Ray Labonte

[email protected]

+1 (207) 329 7713
Old 06-04-2020, 02:45 PM
T_CAT

Originally Posted by ltc
Thank you, ltc. I appreciate it.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:51 PM
Bob_B

Shipping was really cheap. Under $100.00 to my business
Old 06-04-2020, 02:58 PM
T_CAT

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Shipping was really cheap. Under $100.00 to my business
Wow! That's way cheaper than I anticipated. I'm curious what the wait time would be for the PNP package with the jet (although I'll still need servos, but would be nice to just pay extra and have the factory install them while all the other components are being installed).
Old 06-04-2020, 08:58 PM
bodywerks

Just a heads up, they don't offer a PNP package or an ARF-PLUS package in the Rebel pro. They don't even offer a PNP package for any of their jets. If you still want one, I recommend also buying their tailpipe, as it's super light and super strong. But I'd go with CM-jets for the tank, they have a variety of options and are kevlar vs fiberglass from carf https://cmjets.com/21-pirotti-models , and go directly to Electron for the gear, and go with the GS-200 controller(gyro braking, gyro steering, touch screen display, etc) https://www.electron-retracts.com/pr...bel-pro-combo/ It's actually cheaper through them, even with the GS controller, whereas Carf only offers the basic controller. GS controller is a game changer.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:06 PM
bodywerks

Wow! That's way cheaper than I anticipated. I'm curious what the wait time would be for the PNP package with the jet (although I'll still need servos, but would be nice to just pay extra and have the factory install them while all the other components are being installed).
Again, they don't offer any kind of PNP, even if you provide servos. As for shipping, they use Old dominion. If you have one within driving distance, the 'pick up shipping' option is very cheap and reliable. The rebel Pro will be more than $100, though - probably around $200-250.
As for order timeframe, basically, expect within a couple weeks +/- of whatever they quote you. I have ordered 4 CARF jets in the past 6 months and all arrived around when they said they would. In all cases, it took around 8 weeks from the time I sent the deposit to the time I got the jet.

Last edited by bodywerks; 06-04-2020 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:14 PM
T_CAT

Originally Posted by bodywerks
Just a heads up, they don't offer a PNP package or an ARF-PLUS package in the Rebel pro. They don't even offer a PNP package for any of their jets. If you still want one, I recommend also buying their tailpipe, as it's super light and super strong. But I'd go with CM-jets for the tank, they have a variety of options and are kevlar vs fiberglass from carf https://cmjets.com/21-pirotti-models , and go directly to Electron for the gear, and go with the GS-200 controller(gyro braking, gyro steering, touch screen display, etc) https://www.electron-retracts.com/pr...bel-pro-combo/ It's actually cheaper through them, even with the GS controller, whereas Carf only offers the basic controller. GS controller is a game changer.
Thanks for the info.! I misspoke and meant the Rebel Hot, not Pro. I was watching videos of both and accidentally type "Pro" when I posted. Ha-ha
Old 06-04-2020, 09:21 PM
T_CAT

Originally Posted by bodywerks
Again, they don't offer any kind of PNP, even if you provide servos. As for shipping, they use Old dominion. If you have one within driving distance, the 'pick up shipping' option is very cheap and reliable. The rebel Pro will be more than $100, though - probably around $200-250.
As for order timeframe, basically, expect within a couple weeks +/- of whatever they quote you. I have ordered 4 CARF jets in the past 6 months and all arrived around when they said they would. In all cases, it took around 8 weeks from the time I sent the deposit to the time I got the jet.
That's correct as I had to go back again to their accessories and they consider it an ARF-Plus when you get the retracts with struts, tank, and pipe, when ordered with the airframe, and supposedly pre-installed at the factory.

Eight weeks wait time isn't terrible, and it sounds like they are reliable and consistent at meeting that time line.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:30 PM
chevronflyer

Geez they charged me $200 for shipping of the jet from USA warehouse to Florida on old dominion and another $100 to get the pipe , tank and landing gear shipped from carf

I thought that all seemed high but whatever it’s already done
Old 06-05-2020, 01:49 AM
Bob_B

My Hot ARF plus was part of the very first shipment of this model last year. I’m pretty sure there was a promotion in place.
It was the only ARF plus in that first shipment too. For once i was in the right place at the right time.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:51 AM
bodywerks

That's correct as I had to go back again to their accessories and they consider it an ARF-Plus when you get the retracts with struts, tank, and pipe, when ordered with the airframe, and supposedly pre-installed at the factory.

Eight weeks wait time isn't terrible, and it sounds like they are reliable and consistent at meeting that time line.
They don't even offer the ARF-Plus for the pro. You can buy the parts they sell, but they won't be pre-installed. And like I said, the CARF version of the electron retracts don't come with the gyro gear controller(truly a game-changer) and are more expensive. I paid $1068, shipped for the same gear they sell, but with the gyro gear controller - CARF charges $1090 with the basic controller, and as I said, the gear won't be pre-installed so no value added there.. Highly recommend cmjets for the tank and electron direct for the gear...
Currently we do not provide an ARF-Plus package for this size of airplane, these ARF-Plus packages are only available for the two smaller Rebels (HOT and Classic 2m)

Last edited by bodywerks; 06-05-2020 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:00 AM
bodywerks

Thanks for the info.! I misspoke and meant the Rebel Hot, not Pro. I was watching videos of both and accidentally type "Pro" when I posted. Ha-ha
Oh, haha! Then yes, ARF plus. But in my personal experience, I only received the tank mounted, no tank plumbing assembly is done for you - the tank stopper, klunk, and UAT was just parts in a bag, not pre-installed or pre-assembled. Same went with the pipe, it was just set in place and still had to be mounted.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:03 AM
bodywerks

Originally Posted by chevronflyer
Geez they charged me $200 for shipping of the jet from USA warehouse to Florida on old dominion and another $100 to get the pipe , tank and landing gear shipped from carf

I thought that all seemed high but whatever it’s already done
It could be your location also. I'm in southern AZ and they are in Cali, so only one state over. I also had to drive to the OD domocile to pick it up - it wasn't delivered to me.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:35 AM
Bob_B

That’s why it’s best to contact one of the two reps to get the latest information.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:22 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I purchased a PC21 turboprop from Luxembourg almost 2 years ago. Paid for plane and air shipping via PayPal. DHL delivered it to my home, no problems.
18 months later I get a letter from my state Department of Revenue stating that US customs informed them that I did not pay Import fees/taxes on the plane.
I was presented a large bill for taxes, back taxes, penalties and Interest.
Fortunately I was able to speak with a reasonable person at the Department of Revenue and she agreed to drop everything but the taxes/fees due, since I was never notified nor had ever come across this before buy8mg anything RC hobby related.
My PC21 is now the most expensive plane I ever purchased !
Florida has a use tax also. I got nailed for a pizza oven purchased in North Carolina but dropped shipped from Italy! Also, got nailed for an exhaust system from Belgium. I also negotiated with the state tax revenue office in Tallahassee Florida. Beware, most states now have this in place and it’s random. It’s also not immediate so the notice may come 2 years later which was my case. I would be hesitant in buying anything from anyone outside the US.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.