Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-12

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-12

Old 07-20-2020, 10:04 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
So normally manual cool down would involve advancing the throttle stick directly from low trim. Can't you simulate that by leaving the turbine control switch in the stop position ( trim low) advancing the throttle stick and then moving the turbine control switch to the run position ? Doing that should look exactly like advancing the throttle directly from trim low and trigger a manual cool down.
‘Ok let see I don’t understand what that person was doing....first I don’t used throttle cut on the Turbine it servo zero purpose....we have brakes I do on electric and Gas.....

the person was saying that, he uses one switch for both throttle lock and idle up (which is trim ) in that situation....you cannot just cool the motor...that’s all I was saying...

and Kingtech motor at least the guy I talk to at KingTech USA said -+100 and that work just fine.....
Old 07-20-2020, 10:16 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
‘Ok let see I don’t understand what that person was doing....first I don’t used throttle cut on the Turbine it servo zero purpose....we have brakes I do on electric and Gas.....

the person was saying that, he uses one switch for both throttle lock and idle up (which is trim ) in that situation....you cannot just cool the motor...that’s all I was saying...

and Kingtech motor at least the guy I talk to at KingTech USA said -+100 and that work just fine.....
We are using the throttle cut for turbine shutdown instead of using the trim buttons. Flip a switch (a locking switch in my case) to put the turbine in ready or shutdown.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:17 AM
Dansy

I’m not I’m using Idle up to get it ready for start....
Old 07-20-2020, 11:32 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

So normally manual cool down would involve advancing the throttle stick directly from low trim. Can't you simulate that by leaving the turbine control switch in the stop position ( trim low) advancing the throttle stick and then moving the turbine control switch to the run position ? Doing that should look exactly like advancing the throttle directly from trim low and trigger a manual cool down.
That’s exactly how I do the manual cool down.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:49 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry but you're contradicting yourself. Read your post, which I originally replied to again. You said if you use throttle cut and throttle idle on the same switch you can't start manual cooling. I'll try to explain again how I think you can.

Switch down - Throttle cut -125% = TRIM DOWN / STOP
Switch up - Throttle idle ~20% = TRIM UP / READY

Normal start - Flip the switch to TRIM_UP/READY position, Turbine is ready, advance throttle and it starts
Normal Shut down - Flip switch down, Turbine stops, normal cooling cycle starts.

If for some reason following normal shut down the normal cooling cycle doesn't start:
With switch still in the Shutdown position (TRIM_DOWN) advance the throttle and then flip the switch to RUN. When you flip the switch to RUN the turbine will see the throttle channel transition directly from TRIM_DOWN to full throttle and start the cool down cycle
OR you can do a REAL manual cool down and grab a leaf blower.

I don't recall anyone saying +/-100% doesn't work fine, just that if your turbine has already done TEACH_RC using Spektrum; if you set your Jeti end points to +/-80% you don't need to repeat TEACH_RC.

Last edited by wfield0455; 07-20-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:53 AM
Dansy

Sorry but you're contradicting yourself. Read your post, which I originally replied to again. You said if you use throttle cut and throttle idle on the same switch you can't start manual cooling. I'll try to explain again how I think you can.

Switch down - Throttle cut -125% = TRIM DOWN / STOP
Switch up - Throttle idle ~20% = TRIM UP / READY

Normal start - Flip the switch to TRIM_UP/READY position, Turbine is ready, advance throttle and it starts
Normal Shut down - Flip switch down, Turbine stops, normal cooling cycle starts.

If for some reason following normal shut down the normal cooling cycle doesn't start:
With switch still in the Shutdown position (TRIM_DOWN) advance the throttle and then flip the switch to RUN. When you flip the switch to RUN the turbine will see the throttle channel transition directly from TRIM_DOWN to full throttle and start the cool down cycle
OR you can do a REAL manual cool down and grab a leaf blower.

I don't recall anyone saying +/-100% doesn't work fine, just that if your turbine has already done TEACH_RC using Spektrum; if you set your Jeti end points to +/-80% you don't need to repeat TEACH_RC.
The 100 wasn’t for you....never mind I should know better then trying to answer.........I don’t have problems my 6 KingTech’s they all work just fine the way I do it

I’m out of here....
Old 07-20-2020, 12:23 PM
causeitflies

So, since I don’t use throttle trim buttons on any of my electrics or turbines, was wondering if anyone has come up with a use for these unused trim buttons.
For instance I know some use them for nose steering trim
Old 07-20-2020, 12:47 PM
Dansy

I used the rudder trim for my steering.....and throttle (UP Down) for the rudder since it might get trimmed once (on jets only)
Old 07-20-2020, 12:49 PM
camss69

I used the rudder trim for my steering.....and throttle (UP Down) for the rudder since it might get trimmed once (on jets only)
Oh! Good idea! I was literally thinking the other day, what should I use those buttons for..
Old 07-20-2020, 12:57 PM
causeitflies

Yes, I use the rudder trim for steering too. But I don’t use any trim for rudder so I have extra trim buttons available.
Old 07-20-2020, 06:15 PM
CARS II

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Funny, I was thinking the same about those bottoms.
Old 07-21-2020, 02:31 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by causeitflies
Yes, I use the rudder trim for steering too. But I don’t use any trim for rudder so I have extra trim buttons available.
On plane with thrust vector or canard...I used those extra trim buttons.....but they are not good for much else...
Old 07-21-2020, 03:11 AM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have found cross control trims to be very useful ... e.g. you can fly with your right hand while easily trimming with left hand on the left side trims. Just be careful when you first start using it so you’re trimming what you think. You’re trimming!

I do not use a rudder trim ... composite jets should never need it (Except perhaps thrust vectoring) and I use the right side L/R Trims for steering. I do not use the up/down on right side ... I use on/off locking switch for turbine on/off.

JS

Originally Posted by causeitflies
So, since I don’t use throttle trim buttons on any of my electrics or turbines, was wondering if anyone has come up with a use for these unused trim buttons.
For instance I know some use them for nose steering trim
The following users liked this post:
jlovitt (07-21-2020)
Old 07-21-2020, 08:43 AM
causeitflies

Originally Posted by jsnipes
I have found cross control trims to be very useful ... e.g. you can fly with your right hand while easily trimming with left hand on the left side trims. Just be careful when you first start using it so you’re trimming what you think. You’re trimming!

I do not use a rudder trim ... composite jets should never need it (Except perhaps thrust vectoring) and I use the right side L/R Trims for steering. I do not use the up/down on right side ... I use on/off locking switch for turbine on/off.

JS
Your setup is exactly like mine. I am not a fan of the trim buttons and even though my Multiplex Evo had the same trims I could never really get used to them. When I first got my DS-16 I set up the Auto Trim on a spring loaded switch. I also set cross trims. While maidening two new jets with the new radio I never once touched the Auto Trim switch because the cross trims worked so well. I did away with the Auto Trim.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:00 PM
CARS II

Originally Posted by jsnipes

JS
I'm planing to set up my radio the same way ( all I know about setting up a radio is out the door ) I want to give X-triming a go.
jlovitt (07-21-2020)
Old 07-21-2020, 12:05 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by CARS II
I'm planing to set up my radio the same way ( all I know about setting up a radio is out the door ) I want to give X-triming a go.
Been doing cross trim from the first time I saw this TX, I also used auto trim.....but after the first couple flights, once I’m satisfied, I disable that so it doesn’t ever come into play...

For the auto trim I also make a sound event repeating (choose a long delay) so if it get selected you know about it.....(To use auto trim think straight line...and beep the stick much easier that way)
Old 07-21-2020, 12:37 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

It may have been stated already but bears repeating ... I highly recommend that you setup flight modes on your 3 position flap switch and set your trims for aileron and elevator to flight modes. That way when you trim in one flight mode (e.g. flaps down) it does not affect your trims in other flight modes (e.g. flaps up). Once in the air you just trim the jet with the trim buttons in each of the flight modes and you’re all done. You can still of course replace the trim with elevator offset later if you want, but why bother.

There are many ways to do flaps, but using the butterfly function is the way to go in my opinion. HarryC has it covered in his videos. Butterfly also makes crow very easy to employ if you so choose.

Honestly, for the most part I found Jeti setup to be very similar to Spektrum DX18 and similar, but just a few things that you just have to know via friends or videos. E.g. LOGMAX to make the butterfly system work on the flaps, etc. Otherwise the general principals are very similar, e.g. flight modes, servo setup, etc. Jeti just gives you more flexibility to do it simply and more like you want it, e.g. switches, etc. It was not nearly as hard as I had been fearing from people who were anti-Jeti for some reason ... you can keep it quite simple or make it as complicated as you want.

JS

Originally Posted by CARS II

Last edited by jsnipes; 07-21-2020 at 12:40 PM.
CraigG (07-22-2020)
Old 07-21-2020, 01:03 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the youtube hints guys, I have now made quite a few playlists, and ordered the videos within them. It should make it much easier to find what you want, click the playlists button and choose the theme you are interested in.
The following 2 users liked this post by HarryC:
CraigG (07-22-2020), jsnipes (07-21-2020)
Old 07-21-2020, 01:22 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

+1 for what Jamie said about trim.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:39 PM
CARS II

Thank you Harry.

will do.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:43 PM
CARS II

Honestly, for the most part I found Jeti setup to be very similar to Spektrum DX18 and similar, but just a few things that you just have to know via friends or videos.

I was thinking something like that the other day, I had the opportunity to assemble and set up a KinCat using a DX18, it was very enlightening to learn Specktrum, even though I liked Spektrum a lot, my sight has been on Jeti for a long time now.

Last edited by CARS II; 07-21-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-21-2020, 02:05 PM
CARS II

Some toys have arrived, cool!

jsnipes (07-21-2020)
Old 07-21-2020, 05:36 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

I use cross trims and flight modes just like Jamie mentioned above. I highly recommend flight modes, cross trims, and flight mode trims. Just be sure you set it up correctly before you fly.

The small trim buttons were hard for me to feel till I found these "Trim Hats." The trim hats attach to the buttons with small circles of double sided auto trim tape. They are easy to attach and very solid feeling. With a strap or tray I can just fly with my right hand and trim roll and or pitch with my left hand. The trim hats are very easy to feel and they work just like a trim button on top of a fighter stick. May not be for all but I really like them.

Gary

Old 07-21-2020, 06:14 PM
CARS II

I saw them before, I think they can help find the trims jusy by feeling ypur way around them, will definitely check them out, as it is, I ordered a set of stick ends with wider ends, a few times before I found myself with almost a hole on my right thumb after an energetic flight.

Last edited by CARS II; 07-21-2020 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:14 PM
camss69

Originally Posted by HarryC
Thanks for the youtube hints guys, I have now made quite a few playlists, and ordered the videos within them. It should make it much easier to find what you want, click the playlists button and choose the theme you are interested in.
Harry, thanks for setting up the playlists! So much easier to find the videos now. I have to say your videos are gold, there’s so many features in the programming that I don’t know and I’m going on year 3 of Jeti. There’s a lot I keep saying, yeah I’ll figure out how to use it someday, like auto-trim and Lua. I just watched your vids, no further research necessary on auto-trim and Lua. Well Lua there’s a lot to play around with so I will do more research as to what I want to use. What’s also great is you go into detail on every setting applicable to whatever function your explaining. Really helpful, thanks!!
CraigG (07-22-2020)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.