Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

JR Americas XG14 trainer radio throttle won't respond

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Americas XG14 trainer radio throttle won't respond

Old 07-07-2020, 04:02 PM
rcfs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JR Americas XG14 trainer radio throttle won't respond

I can't get the throttle to respond on the trainer transmitter using XG14 transmitters. Everything works on the trainer radio except for the throttle (elec motor - tried every conceivable switch and throttle trim position/setting on the slave radio and nothing changes). I operate the trainer function on these radios on numerous models and everything works as it should. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-08-2020, 03:26 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I'll say in advance I don't know anything about JR radios but I do know about electronics so this is just an educated guess. Since the trainer is merely providing the stick inputs for the master it is likely the throttle output of the trainer isn't the same as the throttle output the master normally provides. It could be reversed. It could just have different endpoints. In any case it is possible your ESC is not seeing a zero value when you have the trainer throttle at zero and, therefore, not enabling the motor output. I would connect a servo to the throttle line and see if it works.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:15 AM
rcfs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
I'll say in advance I don't know anything about JR radios but I do know about electronics so this is just an educated guess. Since the trainer is merely providing the stick inputs for the master it is likely the throttle output of the trainer isn't the same as the throttle output the master normally provides. It could be reversed. It could just have different endpoints. In any case it is possible your ESC is not seeing a zero value when you have the trainer throttle at zero and, therefore, not enabling the motor output. I would connect a servo to the throttle line and see if it works.
Thanks a ton for the advice! I tried every conceivable setting and trim position thinking the ESC was not arming because it saw the throttle advanced but no luck, so I switched everything to Spektrum and am already using the plane for training. Best wishes to you!