Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

1/6-1/5 Vought Corsair plan or kit recommendations

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

1/6-1/5 Vought Corsair plan or kit recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 09:40 PM
Pcar962

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/6-1/5 Vought Corsair plan or kit recommendations

Good day. I joined up here to pick the brains of the members here on larger scale Corsair(and potentially P-38) scale kits or plans. I am looking to build a relatively accurate display model in the 1/6 to 1/5 scale(no intention on it actually flying at this time) and wanted to see what you recommend for current companies for well laid out plans/templates, and/or what/who to avoid as well. There is stuff all over ebay and whatnot but am leery to trust them without talking to those who have knowledge in this arena. I am still searching and sifting through the forums here but figured I'd post now and ask anyway.

Building and construction is nothing new to me, just rather that large scale companies and related documents are outside my area of expertise and knowledge. Especially these days.

Much appreciated!!
Old 07-10-2020, 04:21 AM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think it is generally accepted that the Corsair designed by Brian Taylor is the most accurate in outline. It is available in 1/6th scale. Plans and parts are available from Sarik Hobbies in Great Britain. I have not built his Corsair, but have built his Typhoon. I thoroughly enjoyed the build.

The Corsair by Nick Ziroli has been built by many modelers, including guys in my club. It is bigger and there is a fiber glass fuselages available.

Google should turn up web sites for either.

Chuck
Old 07-10-2020, 09:17 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The Brian Taylor is hands down the most accurate in terms of scale fidelity, IMO.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:13 AM
Pcar962

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the info, I will go look into these. Much appreciated!!