Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Show us your rc tanks!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 05:17 PM
RC_BobM

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

Here's a few of my 1/6 Tanks. The Sherman (with Stuart) is a plastic M4A3 Dragon RC conversion. The M5A1 Stuart is scratch built from Aluminum - no 21st Century parts on it. The Pz II Luch is from now defunct Metalbox (all metal). M4 Sherman is all metal Armortek - pardon the Christmas elves.

I've got a few more -LOL. They're heavy to move around all at once.

Click image for larger version

Name:	US_Pair_-_July_4_2019.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	2269173

Name:	Outside-4.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	2269174

Name:	elves_and_Sherm4.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	2269175

Bob

Last edited by RC_BobM; 01-16-2021 at 05:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dkaniel (02-08-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 01:14 AM
Pavel Pankratov

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IBU2pro ,Futaba10, Steel gears, gun rollback and much more tuning....
Pnzjgr (01-17-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 07:28 AM
ronnie42

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Well here are my tanks , just a few and 2 on the bench. Don't have a big collection so added a brief description .

Almost ready for painting

Started with the base HL panther, this is the 3rd renovation . Elmod board ,walterston gears as they give you 3 pinion gears to change the speed,servo elevation recoil and turret rotation

An E bay buy old clutch system KT. New elmod board servos for elevation, recoil and turret rotation, my first attempt using Aber pe was a nightmare of a learning curve,
,motor out of a Dewalt impact driver to upgrade the clutch drive motor, Tamiya leopard turret ring and zim . TheE bay buy had a surprise extra Impact tracks still in box.

Taigen Panther F , Elmod board, brass walterston gears with servos for turret and brass work for the racks and track hangers etc,wanted a beaten up tank.

Late KT Ambush camo , Aber pe for clamps etc as they say late ones never had a full kit of tools . Stock Tamiya system and Kenny Kong tracks

The Taigen early tiger 1 kit converted to a mid command tank. Elmod board ,brass walterston gears servos for the turret elevation and recoil. Lots of brass, fenders ,skirts tool brackets etc. Lowered the turret , Tamiya ones are correct.

Command version as a mid , most of the changes are at the rear. The Taigen build it yourself kit has one advantage you don't need to pull it apart to fix the turret centre issue.

Last edited by ronnie42; 01-17-2021 at 07:36 AM.
heritage19 (01-31-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 12:42 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnie42

The Taigen early tiger 1 kit converted to a mid command tank. Elmod board ,brass walterston gears servos for the turret elevation and recoil. Lots of brass, fenders ,skirts tool brackets etc. Lowered the turret , Tamiya ones are correct.

Command version as a mid , most of the changes are at the rear. The Taigen build it yourself kit has one advantage you don't need to pull it apart to fix the turret centre issue.
Can you elaborate on the turret mods that you did? What did you do to lower the turret? Did you move the turret forward to correct the centering issue?
Old 01-17-2021, 02:05 PM
ronnie42

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

HI philipat Here is a good thread on fixing the turret position . On the real tank turret is about 10 or so mm above the hull, thats close to 1mm in 1/16 scale. HL-Tiger 1: Turret center point
Old 01-30-2021, 08:26 PM
Awenzel1979

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my current line up of tanks in my motor pool. They are all set up for IR battle and have painted and changed a few things along the way. Thanks for checking them out. Have them listed in the order in which I picked them up. Since starting in this hobby I have only sold 2 tanks that I've owned. A henglong Pantiger (yes I know) and a hooben Elephant. Both were picked up used and sold this past year.

Taigen Tiger 1 - PDSGB with a clark TK60 board and visaton frs7 Upgraded to metal track's, wheels and few other accessories. Painted and weathered with Peddinghaus decals.

Metal Taigen Leo2- steel Taigen gears, TK80 with dual visaton frs7 speaker's, DKLMRC elevation and recoil servo set up. Painted and weathered with Peddinghaus decals.

Tamiya Panther. F turret ETO gear box steal dklmrc sprocket wheels and tracks. TK80 board with a Visaton frs7 speaker. Led night vision for driver and commander wired.

Tamiya lower and gears with TK80 and visaton frs7 speaker. Henglong upper hull and mato turret. 3d printed servo controlled elevation and recoil. Painted and weathered with Peddinghaus decals. Figures resin casted and painted with acrylic paints.(need more stowage)

Tamiya Jagdpanther. Tk80 with visaton frs7 speakers. Kept the Tamiya gears and recoil set up. Lots of extra suchmo bits and details added. Painted and weathered in a late 45 camo scheme.

Planning to add some rear deck and side skirt armor also.

Metal Taigen T34 with steel gears, TK80 with visaton frs7 speaker, henglong 6.0s fan smoker which puts out a ton of smoke using mega steam oil. Converted from a BB turret to recoil with a 3D elevation and recoil servo unit. Cast texture applied and body beaten up to show some battle damage before painting, weathering and archer dry transfer decals. Resin figures painted with acrylic paints.

Current work in progress. Tamiya King Tiger. Still have a ways to go. Stripped down and cleaned and degreased. Side skirts, tools and molded turret tracks removed. Holes filled with milput and sanded. Metal track hangers and 3d printed range finders added to the turret. Sribbed all seams and added weld seams using milput. Henntec idler installed which is very impressive. Have a few more pieces I'm waiting to arrive and still have not decided on a camo color scheme yet. Slowly making progres

Last edited by Awenzel1979; 01-30-2021 at 08:41 PM.
Pnzjgr (02-07-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 10:18 AM
JREEVES
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Modified Bulldog

Old 02-07-2021, 12:39 PM
Pnzjgr

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My collection of Panthers, Jadgpanther, Tiger and King Tiger and Leopard 2A5. Just to name a few.