Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Electrifly Triton EQ Error codes

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Electrifly Triton EQ Error codes

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 07:45 AM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrifly Triton EQ Error codes

Hi Guys,

I have the Electrifly Triton EQ. I got an error code - " Battery Exceeds Time Limit" Anyone know exactly what's going on here, other than the obvious? I am guessing something to do with the Amp setting for the charge rate.

thanks

Ed
Old 09-25-2016, 08:28 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The charger has reached the safety time limit ,displayed the error and shut down. This happens typically when charging high capacity Nixx packs at a very low amp rate. The timer can be turned off if charging Nixx packs this way.
It can also go off if a Lipo pack with a bad cell is being charged and is taking a very long time to balance. In this case you should not turn off the timer.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
The charger has reached the safety time limit ,displayed the error and shut down. This happens typically when charging high capacity Nixx packs at a very low amp rate. The timer can be turned off if charging Nixx packs this way.
It can also go off if a Lipo pack with a bad cell is being charged and is taking a very long time to balance. In this case you should not turn off the timer.
Hi Brian,

Is it possible that I am also just trying to charge the packs at a two low of a charge rate? If I was to raise the rate, that would charge the battery faster, correct? Then maybe it would charge the cells within the Time frame? I think I tend to set the charge rate charge a little on the low side, as to not overheat or burn up a flight pack.

Thanks

Ed

Last edited by Electriceddie; 09-25-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:14 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed,
Yes, the amp rate is the charge rate. Charging Nixx packs at a lower rate is always better for the pack but it does take longer to charge. I never exceed a 1C charge rate and always try and go lower for both Nixx and Lixx packs.
For example; a 2000mah NiMh pack would be charged at a max amp setting of 2amps; 2amps = 1C charge rate. Typically though a 1amp setting is better for the pack; 1amp=1/2C charge rate.
For a brand new pack a forming charge should be used for the first time at 0.2amp or 1/10C charge rate.