Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
 Don Muddiman Flying Machine >

Don Muddiman Flying Machine

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Don Muddiman Flying Machine

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:47 PM
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don Muddiman Flying Machine

Don, I have a question for you. how do you do your heigh speed snap. My FM dose the best snaps of all the planes I have but I cant seem to get just one good clean snap on a full speed pass. HOW DO YOU DO IT!!!

Andy
Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Don, new to this thread, been impressed with your flying and the FM ever since I saw you fly it for the 1st time at Top Gun at the old site in Wellington. Put me on your mailing list for one when it is available. When I saw it the 1st time I think you or someone there had kits for sale. I was so new to flying RC I didn't know a diamond when I saw it, wish I had one of those kits, don't want to miss out on one now. Read what you said about the black & yellow for contrast, seems like a very good idea. I do remember asking you about what you had in the plane for servos etc & you said it was all stock! Best regards from South Florida, Andy Levy
Old 08-30-2011, 07:13 PM

Flying Foot Doc, If you want one you have to register for it. Go to www.IWantMyFM.com
It will get you on the list for the first ones to arrive.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:46 AM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a question? Why is East R/C still have the FM on their site???????

http://www.eastrc.org/shop.cgi/page=...15143898.13908

Click the link
[>:]
Old 09-04-2011, 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: flyingmachine

I have a question? Why is East R/C still have the FM on their site???????

http://www.eastrc.org/shop.cgi/page=...15143898.13908

Click the link
[>:]

Like many, they update there web page once a century?
Old 09-04-2011, 06:05 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks to my like they are trying to stay in #1 position for Internet sales.
The real problem will be for Condor to take control of this thing............they have to make every RC nut in the world think of them, when someone mentions "The Flying Machine!!"

They need a snappy catch phrase...........you know, like.......

TWO ALL BEEF PATTY'S, SPECIAL SAUCE, LETTUCE, CHEESE, PICKLES, ONIONS, ON A SESAME BUN!!

Let's work on that!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:24 AM

I agree with Tom..I called them (East RC) a long time ago, at least 2yrs, they are doing NOTHING with the FM. They should pull it from their site.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:52 AM

I agree with Tom..I called them (East RC) a long time ago, at least 2yrs, they are doing NOTHING with the FM. They should pull it from their site.
The site doesn't belong to you, and we'll do what we please with our website. There are only 3 people on this forum who have $$ invested in this project... Don, Fred, and I. East RC put a LOT of money, time, and work into the project to get it where it was when Fred picked it up to hopefully bring it to completion. Some of the pics used by Fred are of our ARF prototypes, even photos from MY shop and my personnel (one of my sons, Brandon...he's even in the video!). We've already talked to Fred about being a dealer for this product, once it's finished.

We want to see this completed as much as anyone... We GAVE the project over to Don/Fred and asked $0 dollars for our part of the work, despite a few thousand $ having been put into multiple prototypes, mods, loads of field testing by us and Don, and even one Chinese company going out of business mid-stream with a chunk of our cash. Don is a long time friend and we wanted to see this thing finished as well, just for him.

Have ANY of you actually read the bold read print on that page?? Take a moment, go READ the link that you're all in a work up over. Hell, we point people with a link, to Fred's page to pre-register for the FM from that very page. You guys need to just worry about the airplane when it's finished, and not what goes on behind the scenes. I'm quite sure none of you have a clue as to what has transpired, how much $$ has been put into this thing thus far, and have no "dog in this fight".

Back off, let Fred finish the project (you've already seen a post from Don that saw a few more mods to make to the prototype yet), and quit playing armchair quarterback. There's a LOT more to bringing an ARF to market than most of you understand.

Dave
East RC
Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 AM

There are only 3 people on this forum who have $$ invested in this project...
[/quote]

This much is True, but Flyinggmachine AND myself have contacted Fred at Condor about putting up funds and our time and effort (New Rossi speed engines, pipes, servos, etc..) and helping advance the "Composite" prototype......so you don't have to slam rich (flyingmachine) so hard on the web site thing [X(](IMHO).....not the first time that was brought up. Just saying.......(here and in other threads on the topic)

Not to mention Rich and I have about 6 FM modelers at our field and we live within a few hours of Don, who we would be glad to go visit and let fly our "Composite" prototypes should that dream ever come to Fruition.....and I hope it will.

I know Fred and Condor will complete the FM ARF and we all apreciate the help and contribution East has put in as well as Fred's effort......the R/C communicty will all benifit from these efforts for sure.

From guys with several FM's scratch built, we are VERY interested in the "Composite" model as well......as I have a host of "Jet" guys at my field I enjoy lapping with my prop planes when they can go faster

Rich and I both have a new Rossi Speed and pipe setup ready for this airframe......(Rich has already flown his on a scrath built FM to break in)[:-]

Rich, we have to call Fred when you are ready next week............
Old 09-05-2011, 09:32 AM

+1 for Tom, I am not looking for an argument, just holes to bore in the sky. I am a true FM die-hard, I have always enjoyed SPEED and aerobatics the FM is the perfect blend of them both, I can not think of a better design, nor will one come along in my life time. I have kept the FM alive at my field, Tom is right I have 3 of these birds and a Midwest Hotts II that I am borrowing the pipe of. Everyone always and I mean ALWAYS asks what is that? When I tell them and then give out a brief history lesson on the plane I have never dissappointed. I know you don't know me Don, but I truly push your design and speak SUPER high of it any chance I get. I will never forget the first time I saw my old friend Oscar fly one, I knew then and there I better hurry up and learn to fly, it truly modivated me to learn to FLY. As long as I am breathing and have two hands, I will be the guy at the field, making all the noise with an FM on a un-muffled pipe running a Rossi, Nothing like the sing of HIGH RPM, it DEMANDS attention. People take notice. Screw electric, screw gas, I am NITRO all the way baby, tuned pipes, HIGH RPM and SPEED, I love the rush, I love the plane, I am done!!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 05:01 PM

Well-said, Dave!

Gentlemen...it's a model airplane...A TOY!!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:13 AM

that "toy" represents a society,an attitude, to me it is more than a toy, a passion
Old 09-06-2011, 04:12 AM

that ''toy'' represents a society,an attitude, to me it is more than a toy, a passion

AMEN BROTHER!!! For me, it goes WAAAAAYYYY beyond passion...

It keeps me calm when I am nervous...
It makes me happy when I'm sad.
When you have the "box" in your hand, standing on that flight line, there is only one thing I'm thinking about...
No Obama
No High gas Prices
No Old Lady climbing my butt
No kids screaming in my ear.......

JUST ME AND MY AIRPLANE!!!!

Sorry bkg...IT AIN'T NO TOY!!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 04:16 AM

It feels good doesn't it? I TOTALLY agree! The only time I am completely focused on the task at hand is either jumping my dirtbike or flying that FM, the second she leaves the ground magic happens!

+1 for RC MANIAC119

MAX!!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:34 PM
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thread moved from

All Forums >> Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more >> Condor Hobbies

To

All Forums >> Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more >> The Clubhouse

Reason: I've moved this thread because this is a better home for this topic. Let' me know if you have any questions.

Ken
Old 09-26-2011, 09:15 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to see the Flying Machine thread is back!!!!!

So does this mean the FM ARFs are back on track? Or have they become vaporware?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:37 PM

when is the arf coming out? i bought a rossi 45 that need s a home

i just noticed this thread has over 400 "replies" in the last 24 hours... looks like it should get some well deserved attention
Old 09-27-2011, 12:27 AM
My Feedback: (162)

I emailed Condor Hobbies, the FM ARF is still on.

Vince
Old 09-27-2011, 03:36 AM

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Hey fellas, Sorry for the disappearance on my part. We have had some legal issues surrounding Condor Hobbies and the launch of our new website. It seems there were other parties trying to make claim to our company and products. We have handled the problem and are back on track.</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">My apologies to RC Universe. You guys have been most supportive and we certainly appreciate all of your good faith and willingness to promote Condor and help introduce us to your community.</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">The bottom line is, RCU stepped up to the table and provided us with a host of great services and we dropped the ball because I was not able to honor our side of the agreement in the time I stated. Now that we have solved our legal issues we can get back to business.</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">RCU was kind enough to provide the Condor forums and we brought the Don Muddiman FM thread into our hosted agreement. This was a bad call on my part. When we closed the Condor portion, the FM thread closed with it. Again, my apologies for not realizing this in the appropriate time frame and thanks to RCU you now have your thread back.</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Now for something completely different.</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Don received the FM prototypes and made his corrections. He was very pleased with the construction quality on the aircraft. We have submitted our changes and the factory received it over the weekend. I should know more later this week.</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">I am heading to Florida to wrap up business with our attorney group and will have Condor back on track. Because of the support of RCU we still have everyone&rsquo;s submission to the FM contest. As soon as I get back we can re-open the contest and continue.</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Thank you to everyone involved with us as we appreciate all of your support.</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Fred</div>
Old 09-27-2011, 03:57 AM

The Flying Machine proto-types arrived last week while I was on vacation in Jackson Hole, WY. The units are good quality and craftsmanship. I have already documented and sent corrections need for hopefully the final design. I have not done any test flying of these proto-types as they are in need of some major design changes. The proto-types were produced using front dowel pins and aft wing mount bolts to secure the wing. As you know my wing mounting design is unique and provides strength to the fuselage and delivers the wings loads fully to the sides and bottom of the fuselage. The wing mount design was conceived over many years of high speed aerobatic flying. I know from experience using dowel pins to secure the wing it will fail from the speed and aerobatics forces of this aircraft. Although I sent the drawings, instructions and many images of what the design requirements and how it should be built, it was built as a typical ARF design. This was the same case as when Dave Hockaday had the proto-types built. I'll keep you informed when I receive the next proto-type versions. Lots of thing to still do such as box design, logo, writing assembly instructions, photos, test flying, etcetera.
Mr.Snap roll to do the snaps it's all in the timing, practice, practice, practice. Make sure all you linkages are tight, stiff and installed per my instructions. The rudder needs to have a 45 degree deflection to assure a complete clean snap. John, my dead stick spot landings comes from many years of doing just that, practice, practice, practice.
Later,
Don
Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 AM

IT'S BACK ON BABY.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:09 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Don, any chance of bringing back the widow. Would you happen to have a kit laying around you would like to sell?

Dave
Old 09-27-2011, 05:09 PM

Alright!

Back in business and I can see it will be WELL worth the wait (The FM ARF)

Great job guys and thanks for keeping us informed on the progress.....

And thank YOU for staying the course......I am sure that was not easy for Condor!

Old 09-27-2011, 05:29 PM
My Feedback: (67)

Looks like a Hots!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:40 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: mike31

Looks like a Hots!
May the shavings from a thousand strands of fiberglass find their way to the inner lining of your underwear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.