Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

CARF REBEL 2m

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

CARF REBEL 2m

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 08:08 AM
N4S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi folks,

Does anyone have the paint codes for the Rebel? I have the Launch Scheme Orange.
Old 12-14-2021, 11:59 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 736 Likes on 532 Posts

There are no codes, CARF mix paint in Thailand to suit requirements.
Also because of the layered painting in the mould shades change, go to a paint shop and have the part scanned, it will be perfect then.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:08 PM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by N4S
Hi folks,

Does anyone have the paint codes for the Rebel? I have the Launch Scheme Orange.
Some auto parts stores like Advance will custom mix paint. They are pretty good. It may be worth a shot if you cannot get something from Carf.
Tone
Old 12-14-2021, 03:10 PM
Dave Wilshere

You can order the CARF paints from the site also.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:24 PM
N4S

Guys, thanks for your replies!

Mike from CARF confirmed they don't have paint code. CARF stocks touch up paint and hardener in the US for the most popular colors and they are $19 per color and for the hardener.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:56 AM
h8t2crash
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been waiting two months for Ray Labonte to ship my paint and hardener.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:58 AM
N4S

I had a rough landing, I scoffed the nose and one of the wing tips. The spar tube is slightly bent. CARF doesn't stock spar in US. It looks like an aluminum tube, 30mm in diameter and about 990mm long. Any ideas?
Old 12-15-2021, 09:05 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by N4S
I had a rough landing, I scoffed the nose and one of the wing tips. The spar tube is slightly bent. CARF doesn't stock spar in US. It looks like an aluminum tube, 30mm in diameter and about 990mm long. Any ideas?
If you're interested, look at dragonplate.com. They make amazing carbon fiber tubes and, of course, they're lighter. If you purchase, make sure to use pultruded tubes as the carbon fiber runs lengthwise and provides maximum strength. I love this company. I teach an Aerospace class at Texas A&M and I buy these all the time for my students.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:11 AM
jvaliensi

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts

Amazon Amazon

I'd buy two and load test it to 10g before using this.
Old 12-18-2021, 10:39 AM
N4S

Default Roll wrapped CF Tube

Guys, thanks for your replies! I got a 30x26x1000mm 3K roll wrapped CF Tube from an eBay vendor called US Warehouse. From what I gather, roll wrapped CF tubes are stronger then pultrusion tubes.
Old 01-11-2022, 02:05 AM
rsdeus

Default Fct

Originally Posted by skymaster68
it has a 160 turbine migh that be the difference, and also who knows what size UAT and equipment it has... 🤷🏻‍♂️
i can weight mine with a 120 and a 100cc Uat from Fct next week in case if you still need the info, I dont run any pwr box or so, just 12ch rx, wireless switch and a cortex pro, 2 2600 jeti lion Batt and a 2100 mah liffe...
Hi, Im thinking to use fct uat in my rebel too, are you using? Is working fine?
Old 01-15-2022, 06:11 AM
Dave Wilshere

Another Rebel 2m test flight this morning. Most of the equipment has come out of a Wizzard, so JetCat P-140Rx with JR servos and Electron gear. Powerbox Core and Mercury. I had the gyro set in a few passes. Like all of our models it uses a Standard MAP bubble trap and felt clunk in the main tank.
Happy owner Luke smiling in the cold foggy conditions.

The following 5 users liked this post by Dave Wilshere:
DenisFerrari (01-15-2022), Jannica (01-17-2022), Kenrico (01-15-2022), skymaster68 (03-23-2022), Viper1GJ (03-23-2022)
Old 03-23-2022, 02:15 PM
Desert Fox 1

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

Cheers!
Desert Fox 1
The following 2 users liked this post by Desert Fox 1:
DenisFerrari (03-25-2022), Viper1GJ (03-23-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 06:08 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by h8t2crash
Has anyone used Carf touch-up paints after a repair? Do you need to clear coat them? Did they match? How long did it take to get them?
I have used CARF touch up paint. The colors match pretty good. I did not bother to clear coat. Even the black lines over the yellow base turned out fairly smooth. It is kind of a PITA figuring out how much thinning is needed though. With the small quantity provided, I was hesitant to use the paint for testing. So I just went with a first guess and it worked. You do have to stick to their drying and recoat times. I had to start over once. I ended up leaving the paint set for almost a week before I painted over it. Probably overkill, but when you have all winter to paint, waiting is not an issue. At the time, Dreamworks RC had some specific instructions for mixing, thinning, etc.. Not sure if the instructions are still on their site or not.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:22 AM
DieDuenneSuppe

Hey guys, after flying for many years 3D aerobatic Models, I‘m looking for my first aerobatic Rc Jet. At the moment I fly the Freewing Avanti. Now I want to make a step forward. Which one would you recommend? Carf Rebel Classic, Tomahawk Futura 1.9m, Sebart Avanti XS. Or do you recommend for beginning one size smaller? (Rebel Hot, Mini Avanti). Thank you!

best wishes,
Johannes
Old 04-03-2022, 06:27 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by DieDuenneSuppe
Hey guys, after flying for many years 3D aerobatic Models, I‘m looking for my first aerobatic Rc Jet. At the moment I fly the Freewing Avanti. Now I want to make a step forward. Which one would you recommend? Carf Rebel Classic, Tomahawk Futura 1.9m, Sebart Avanti XS. Or do you recommend for beginning one size smaller? (Rebel Hot, Mini Avanti). Thank you!

best wishes,
Johannes
Smaller goes away faster. The 2M Rebel would be my recommendation.
Old 04-04-2022, 05:05 AM
jvaliensi

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts

Hi,
If you expect aerobatics (from what I've seen) go with the Max or Pro versions. The Hot and 2m tend to fly faster.
Old 04-04-2022, 11:21 AM
DieDuenneSuppe

Thank you for your answer! Unfortunately, Rebel Max and Pro are to big and expansive.. what makes the Rebel better than the other mentioned Jets?
Old 04-04-2022, 11:24 AM
Dave Wilshere

best wishes,
Johannes

Rebel 2m will suit you fine. It does not have to be flown fast, it’s now the go to sports jet in my local grass club. Lots of fairly new to jet guys have bought them after seeing other members getting on fine.

This was Steve’s first jet flight landing…ever

Last edited by Dave Wilshere; 04-04-2022 at 11:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DenisFerrari (04-04-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 11:25 AM
smcharg

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

Thank you for your answer! Unfortunately, Rebel Max and Pro are to big and expansive.. what makes the Rebel better than the other mentioned Jets?
Weight | manufacturing consistency | customer support (at least in the US and Europe) | Quality | and it just flies amazing

I challenge you to find someone who says that any of the Rebels don't fly good. I'm not saying that people don't have challenges but, once it's in the air, there is no question.
DenisFerrari (04-04-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 12:42 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

best wishes,
Johannes
Out of the one you listed…the Rebel hands down….and pretty easy to build as well, if in the USA give the Rep’s a message they may have one in the Cali already…
Old 04-04-2022, 01:12 PM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

best wishes,
Johannes
I have a Rebel and I love the way it flies. I had to add a former to mine to eliminate some flex and acoustic resonance, but it feels great in the air and it go b*lls to the wall but it can land sooooo slooowww. Definitely a great plane. With that being said however, what response did you think you would get when you ask that question on a Rebel forum?
Thanks,
Tone
chevronflyer (04-05-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 08:17 AM
N4S

I am planning to add smoke add have a 750 CC tank that fits right behind the spar. It does get in the way of the wing bolt as bolts go in from the fues to the wings. I was thinking to either put quick fitting/push to connect fittings on the oil lines or leave enough slack in the lines so I can move the tank out, install the bolts, put the tank back and reverse the process when I am done flying.

I saw a post on CMJets with 3L fuel and 1L smoke but I can't find it on his website and also, I prefer to keep the 4L tank for longer flight time. Thoughts?

Old 04-08-2022, 09:39 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

In one of my planes, I had a similar interference with the wing bolts and smoke tank. I dumped the OEM's thumb screw type bolt and went to socket head bolts with washers glued on. Then I picked up a tiny ratchet wrench similar to this:
MulWark 20pc 1/4 Ultra Low Profile Mini Ratchet Wrench Close Quarters Screwdriver Set with High Torque - Right Angle EDC Tool with 90 Degree Mini Offset Reversible Drive Handle & Multi Hex Bits Set - - Amazon.com MulWark 20pc 1/4 Ultra Low Profile Mini Ratchet Wrench Close Quarters Screwdriver Set with High Torque - Right Angle EDC Tool with 90 Degree Mini Offset Reversible Drive Handle & Multi Hex Bits Set - - Amazon.com

But, when thinking about using smoke, below is a bit of caution from a past smoke user and CD:

IMHO, .. my experience has proven to me that unless your are an experienced "show performer" or a pro, smoke is a PITA, expensive and has a high degree of potential for an unnecessary mess to deal with. It frequently gets in the plane and that makes for a unsettling mess for pilots. Frequently, testing the system and filling smoke tanks screw up the asphalt and turf in the startup areas. Wait till the club, airport manager or a CD comes to you and tells you to clean up your mess. Or the event gets the boot from a borrowed or leased site because the event ruins the site's asphalt. Talk about being embarrassed! Or the smoke fluid dribbles out on your trailer floor or back inside the plane. Smoke is messy period! I have pilots who use drip pans when their planes are sitting on Pit Row. I have seen several planes internally flooded with smoke fluid. I have seen huge puddles from over-filling smoke tanks. I have even seen one pilot fill his fuel tank with smoke fluid. What a mess that turned out to be.

From a building perspective, how are you going to properly fasten a movable tank so that it does not flop around as you fly? It will be heavy and once the smoke fluid starts sloshing around, it can be a challenge to keep it removable and still fixed during flight. I tried smoke several times. For me, it turned out to be just another PITA. And then, when some less than courteous pilot with a really good smoke system cuts in front of you with smoke on while you are on final, @#$#%. Believe me there are a lot of these guys out there!

IMO as a CD for over 50 jet rallies and in the past a smoke user, ... Unless you are a "show performer" or a pro, smoke is just an expensive PITA. Also, many pilots are not skilled enough to avoid the messes or conflicts in the airspace when using smoke. After several years of my personal playing with it and watching others deal with it, I gave up on it.

Just food for thought! But to each his own. Have fun with it. But keep an eye/focused on the plane, vs. the smoke, when using it!
Old 04-08-2022, 04:46 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

You can put one of these on each side of the fuel tank for 48oz of smoke. Didn't even have to use anything to secure them. The tank holds them just right.

Wasn't going to fight the wing bolts. Also think CmJets makes a split tank now, their regular Rebel smoke tank wont work.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/product...oz/DUB424.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.